What is ComboFix?
ComboFix.exe (previously named DDS.exe) is a freeware tool (created by sUBs), that will automatically scan and remove spyware, rootkits and other malware infections from your computer.
When ComboFix finishes, it creates a log file. This report can be used to search and remove infections which are not automatically removed.
Note: ComboFix has been tested on Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
Tip: DO NOT download from combofix.org or combofixdownload.com as per the disclaimer.
How do I use GetComboFix?
- Download and run GetComboFix.exe, which will download ComboFix.exe for you.
- Close all working programs and whatever you don't need.
- Double-click on the ComboFix icon on your desktop to get started.
- Follow the steps through, answering the prompts accordingly.
- At the end, a log report will appear on your screen for you to review.
Is GetComboFix.exe safe?
Can I contact you?
Sure, send a message to the @getcombofix twitter account.
ComboFix.exe not working for you? Don't worry, there are alternatives, they are as follows:
- Download and run rkill.com (you can save it as rkill.exe, rkill.com, rkill.pif, rkill.scr, iExplore.exe or eXplorer.exe)
- Download, install and run mbam-setup.exe (Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware)
- Download and install Avast!
rkill will kill bad processes, while mbam will remove any bad software.